This cake is MOIST and Delicious! I'll admit, I had some when it first came out of the oven and wasn't impressed, but once it cooled, it was AMAZING! I would very much recommend it! It's easy too! It has coffee in it, but you can't tell. Well, when its first out of the oven you can which is why it wasn't as good, but once it cooled I couldn't tell at all!
1 3/4 c all purpose flour
2 c sugar
3/4 c cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 c strong black coffee, cooled
1 c buttermilk
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp real vanilla extract
1/2 c margarine, softened
2 oz melted unsweetened chocolate, cooled ( I actually liked the flavor MUCH better when I added 1/4 cup of cocoa. You can either add it in addition to the melted chocolate or in place of, you just have to add a little and taste it and add more if you want it more chocolatey. Add a teaspoon of milk at a time if frosting is too thick after doing this, until you reach desired texture.)
3 c powdered sugar
3 Tbsp milk
2 tsp real vanilla extract
1. Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer.
2. Add eggs, coffee, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla. Beat at medium speed for two minutes. Batter will be thin.
3. Pour batter into a greased and floured 9x13 pan or two 9 inch cake pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes for a 9x13, or 30-35 minutes for layer pans.
5. Combine frosting ingredients and mix with a hand or stand mixer. Spread frosting on cooled cakes.