2. Tear bread into chunks and evenly lay out in dish.
3. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. Pour evenly over bread.
4. Cover and store in fridge for several hours or overnight.
5. In another bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and salt. Add butter and mash into the dry mixture until it all comes together. You can store this mixture in the fridge overnight if you'd like.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees the next morning.
7. Remove casserole and pre-made topping from fridge. If using fresh fruit, put it on now. Crumble pre-made topping and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
8. For some extra topping to cover areas that aren’t covered by the pre-made topping (I like the cinnamon and spice on every bite!) combine 2 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon (same stuff as the pre-made topping, minus the butter). Sprinkle over top of casserole and pre-made topping.
9. Bake for 45 minutes for a softer, more moist texture. Bake an hour or more for a firmer, less moist texture.
10. Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top and serve with syrup.