Saturday, August 28, 2010

Frog Cupcakes

These are the cupcakes I made for Josh's birthday.

1. Make 24 chocolate cupcakes as directed on cake mix box.

2. Use decorator's icing, or buttercream frosting.  Use Wilton food coloring for best results.  The cheap stuff make change the consistency of your frosting.  Try adding more powdered sugar if that happens.
3. Frost cupcakes. You can use frosting tips and bags like I did, or just spread it on as pictured above.
4. For the eyes, use Wilton candy melts, or I found Almond Bark wafers (Gurley brand) at Fareway for half the price.  Attach chocolate chips in the middle of the wafer using frosting. (or believe it or not, I just got the bottom of the chocolate chip wet and stuck it on there.  4-5 fell off when I put them on the cupcakes, but they go back on easy)
5. Insert finished wafers into the cupcake.  Use frosting to create a mouth and tounge if desired. 

No comments:

Post a Comment