- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 Tbs crushed red pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 Tbs chopped garlic
- 6 oz chicken, sliced
- 3/4 cup. Marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1 lb Rigatoni pasta, cooked according to package directions
- additional 1/2 t crushed red pepper (for garnish)
- 1In a sauté pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and garlic and sauté just long enough for garlic to caramelize and red pepper to release flavor into the oil. Add sliced chicken and sauté briefly to coat in spices and garlic.
- 2Add Marinara Sauce first and then Alfredo Sauce and bring to a simmer. Cook until sauce thickens slightly and chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°. Turn off flame, add butter and peas and incorporate into sauce.
- 3Drop cooked pasta in boiling water for 3 seconds. Let drain for 15 seconds. Toss with the sauce. Place pasta and sauce in pasta bowl, reserving the majority of the chicken to be placed on top of the pasta. Using a rubber spatula, scrape any remaining sauce from the pan to the pasta. Garnish with crushed red pepper and serve.