Monday, April 18, 2011

Zucchini Bread

 Possible revisions:
I have been making a lot of zucchini bread lately to use up all the zucchini in the freezer from last summer.  I've found a few ways to make it healthier if you care to give them a try!
 

1/2 c Marg
1 c sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
2 c zucchini  (chop finely in food processor and drain most of the liquid off.  This will allow you to use more zucchini in the bread. Make sure your batter is not too thick when you're done.  You may have to add a little liquid back)
1 t baking pwdr
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
2 c flour (Use half wheat flour.  Or even more!  The flavor in the bread is so strong that you can't taste the wheat flour, so it's easy to sneak it in!)
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/8 t ground cloves

Cream together margarine and sugar for 2 minutes.  Add eggs, vanilla and zucchini and mix well.  In a seperate bowl, mix together dry ingredients.  Slowly add them to the wet ingredients, being careful not to over mix.  If using an electric mixer, I usually finish it up by hand after I add the last of the dry ingredients in order to prevent over mixing.

I put this in two bread pans because for some reason every type of bread I make doesn't cook all the way through.  However, if you know what you're doing, I'm sure it'll all fit into one pan.

Bake at 350 for 1 hr 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment