Thursday, June 10, 2010

Ranger Cookies


I believe these are the cookies I was making when I got saved!  We were right in the middle of the batch when I decided to accept Christ.  Praise the Lord!

1 c Marg
1 c sugar
1 c brown sugar
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1/2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 c oatmeal
2 c rice krispies
1 c coconut
1 c chocolate chips
(And if you like raisins or dried fruit, you can add a cup of that.  But I don't, so don't add it if you're making them for me)  :)

Cream together marg and sugars.  Add vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  When combined, add flour gradually.  In a seperate bowl, combine oatmeal, rice krispies, coconut and chocolate chips.  Slowly add these ingredients to cookie dough and mix only until it's all incorporated.

Bake cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes.
We usually freeze whatever we won't eat that week, or sometimes I'll scoop the dough as I would to bake it, and put it in a tupperware and freeze it.  This way I can make them fresh a few at a time, or when company shows up. 

This makes a big batch.  If you double it, it will not fit into a kitchen aid mixer. (I learned that the hard way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment